With ACE going in the water on Fri Apr 10 (less than two weeks!), we had our first work party to get her ready to splash.
I borrowed an electric sump pump with a connector on it for a hose.
While Mike got the gas pressure washer going, the rest of us got the shrink wrap and frame off:
The sump pumped worked well.
It was about 4 degrees Celcius out, but with the wind, the water was freezing on the hull.
End result was pretty good. Too cold to clean/buff/wax the hull.
I think the bottom paint is Micron CSC, and looks pretty good.
We will give her a quick sand with some 400 grit paper to get her smooth.
We got the mast/boom off the mast racks and onto the lawn on stands.
We drained the oil in the saildrive:
The oil was very cold and flowed SLOWLY. There was NO TRACE of water in the oil, meaning the seals on the lower unit are fine. When it is a little warmer, will let the rest flow out and fill with 2.2L of oil.
In the above picture, you can see the ice forming on the bottom of the hull. You can also see the severely eroded zinc. The replacements come this week.
I went in the cabin and hooked up the VHF, Zeus T8 chart plotter, and Actisense NMEA 0183/2000 gateway. Got them powered anyways. Much work to be done here. Spent some time tracing the wires.