The keyway on the prop shaft was a little distorted and would not accept the new key stock. Had to file with a small file I had to make the key stock fit. Also had to clean up the prop shaft with some emery cloth. However, now matter how I tried, I could not be the new prop flange to go on the prop shaft.
I measured with a micrometer, and the shaft and flange are exactly 1", but I could net get them to go on more than 1/8 of a inch.
I took the old flange to the club workshop and ground the bolts so they would make with the receiving "indents" on the prop shaft. I then put the old prop flange on the prop shaft. I doesn't line up completely, but is secure enough to use.
Perhaps in the fall after haulout, I will pull the shaft and have the new flange mated to it. It is just too difficult to work in the confined spaces at the back of the motor.