This is the 10th time in 12 years that I have volunteered.
One year it was in BC, and last year I took it off because of responsibilities for hosting the LYRA regatta.
My buddy Neil will join me on Wednesday for the Pro Am.
Looking forward to it.
The Oakville Club will be hosting us again for the week.
They have the most awesome bathroom/shower facilities on the lake.
Great spot, only about 5km from Glen Abbey.
I spent yesterday getting the boat ready:
- filled the diesel tanks
- changed the oil
- filled the water tanks
- filled a propane tank
- washed the hull sides
- checked the coolant levels
- checked the battery levels
- provisioned the boat with food and water
- provisioned the boat with beer and booze
- cleaned and blew up the dingy
- mounted the outboard motor
I just have to bring my clothes on board, do a pump out before heading out.