1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Thursday, May 9, 2013

CS34 Masting

Got down to the club after work to help Harvey put the mast on French Vanilla.  Also helped Elaine, Colin, Ben, and several others get their masts up.

Managed to run the TV antenna wire and attach the spreaders on my mast, so I jumped at the opportunity to get mine up.

Very busy masthead
On the top of the mast is
  • VHF antenna
  • TV antenna
  • Windex
  • Anchor light
  • Wind Instrument
I enlisted the help of Peter, Tony, Dave Irons, and Dave Mitchell to help out.  This is the second season with the big boat, so I felt more comfortable with these guys helping me.


As masting was a last minute decision, all the lines on the mast were a mess.  With the mast in the sling positioned on the boat, I noticed that one of the intermediate shrouds was twisted around the upper cap shrouds.  There was a lineup of a couple of boats waiting to use the mast crane, so I just put the mast up and will fix the one shroud with a bosum's chair.



No comments:

Post a Comment