1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Thursday, June 13, 2013

C22 Whitby Race Night

Got down to the club at 4pm to get my mast down on the big boat.  Colin helped me bring the boat over and Ross helped with the crane and rigging. I am still not completely comfortable with the crane, so thanks for your help Ross! Got the mast down and found that YES INDEED I had pinched the cable for the wind transducer between the mast and mast step.  Left the mast down to work on another day and headed over to little Still Time.

John and Melissa were already rigging the boat.

Headed out with full main and light #1, winds were forecast for 5 knots from the SE. 

No waves out there, course was set at 7M, four boats in our division.

We had a bad start, which I can attribute to the flakey kitchen timer I have.  We were about 2 minutes late crossing the start line.  I had left my sailing watch with timer at the house.

Winds were dying and the race committee shortened the race to 7S.

We were the 3rd to cross the line about a minute behind the Viking and seconds behind the Shark.
On corrected time, we took first, so that is 4 firsts to win series one!

http://wyc.ca/index.php/results/410-series-1

Melissa is learning more and more everytime out.

Trip Odometer: 9.49 miles
Moving Average: 4.3 knots
Moving Time: 02:11:00

Google Earth Track: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12535935/Still%20Time/2013/20130612.kmz

No comments:

Post a Comment