1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

C22 Water in Bilge


This season I have decided not to shrink wrap little Still Time.

Last week before the cold set in, we had a LOT of rain, and some water made it into the bilge.  However, when I checked it, the battery was dead on my shop vac.

Well it SNAPPED COLD to -8 degrees Celcius this week and the 1/2" of water in the bilge has frozen!

The white thing on the bottom is the bilge pump

Not much I can do now, don't see any damage.

Next thaw, I will put a heater in there to melt the ice, and get it vacuumed out.

Going to put a tarp over the cabintop to keep rain water and snow from entering the boat.  The cabintop is not very sealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment