1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Friday, May 29, 2015

ACE Susan Hood Trophy Race Prep

On Tuesday I had replaced the wire that runs down the mast from the mast instruments.  A couple of weeks ago I had fixed the power wires using solder instead of crimp connectors.  The data wires had one open circuit and an intermittent circuit (jiggle the wire).  Wish I had replace it two weeks ago!

Gave it to Jenny for Wednesday race night. and to my surprise the mast tree didn't work, and to make matters worse, the processors would not power on.

I decided to head to National after work yesterday to figure it out.

Low and behold, it was wired wrong in the junction box behind the mast.  Once I wired it correctly, everything came to life:



I even hooked up the flaky B&G display on the chart table because you need it to control the mast displays.  Things like what data is displayed, and backlighting.  In the above example, we have boat speed twice.  Was able to re-configure for
  • Boat Speed
  • Apparent Wind Angle
  • Linear 4 (forestay load)
  • Heading
There are the four we have always used.

The forestay load sensor appears to be working also.

We are now ready for the first major race of the season, the Susan Hood Trophy Race


Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment