It was sunny and beautiful 12 degrees Celcius!
We met at EggSmart for some fuel for getting Still Time ready for the water.
I had removed all the external teak and re-finished it this week.
First thing we did was cut the back of the shrinkwrap and rolled it forward. I am going to try and re-use the shrink wrap and frame next year, as the system worked perfectly this winter.
We labeled the PVC ribs before taking them off; going to store them with the cradle.
Melissa and John donned blue coveralls and lightly sanded the bottom with 220 grit sandpaper.
We masked the waterline, and after a quick rub with a tack cloth, the two of them painted away with VC17:
Did not take long, as I was aboard cleaning out all the stuff on the inside, and attached the rudder and tiller. Took about half an hour.
Next was a wash of the hull, followed by a quick polish using a buffing compound and the Dewalt rotary buffer. This took a little over half an hour.
Next was a coat of wax and buff with a new wool pad on the buffer. This was followed by a hand buff with a clean microfiber cloth. She came out great!
I was lunch time and the bar was open for a Old Flame Red from Port Perry,.
Next we completely emptied the boat, and attached the teak to hold the companionway boards.
Melissa and John cleaned the entire inside of the boat; man it was filthy, but it came out looking great!
We attached the motor, and called it a day.
Things still left to do:
- fiber glass repairs before re-attaching the companionway steak sliders
- fiber glass repair on the companionway hatch
- re-attach teak on companionway hatch
- re-attach the grab rails
- re-finish the inside teak and re-attached
- cleanup excess butyl tape on bow
- install bilge pump
- have aluminum cover made to cover the bilge opening
Still have some work to do on the mast
- install spinnaker pole topping lift block mast exit block
- install double mast exit blocks
- change angle of the wind instrument
- shorten the wind instrument cable
- fix stripped screw where the spreaders attach
- also thinking of replacing the halyards as they are 8 years old
- fix instrument drop board
- check water levels in the battery
At any rate she is ready for the water on the first of May.
Then an Old Flame blonde was calling us from the clubhouse.