Final race of the season, and the deep draft boats ACE and Razorbill cannot get out to the lake.
We had planned to race on Mike's Impromptu (Erikson 35) against Peter's Sumac (Viking 33).
Mike was delivering Impromptu leaving National at noon.
Ahh, but winds were light, then on the nose, and he ran out of fuel, and wouldn't get the to club until after the race started.
I was going to take little Still Time out, but decided I best be getting the mast down on the 34.
Rita and I leave for Victoria on Saturday for some visits with family, and some sailing.
We will be away for haulout, so both boats need to be ready to go.
Got the sails, boom, and rigging backed off in the afternoon, and took the mast down around 5pm.
Mike came in on Impromptu (sans motor) sailing into the basin. We had to catch him, and find some gas to get him going. Still Time and Impromptu are now back at dock 8.
Today I cleanup the lines on the boat, and put the mast away.
Perhaps take the mast down on the 22.
Looking at the results, ACE got a 3rd place flag for the Frostbite series!