1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Monday, July 31, 2017

CS34 Oakville to Whitby

After saying goodbye to dockmaster Larry, I headed out at around 9:30am.

Bridge over Lakeshore under construction




The flooding was apparent going out the channel; this is a public parkette that is flooded over:


See you later Oakville Club:


Can't wait until next year!

Got out of the channel and put the main up, and unfurled the jib.
Winds were slightly aft of the beam at 9 knots, but could only do about 4 knots sailing, so I furled the jib in and hoisted the spinnaker:


Without the motor I was doing between 5 and 6 knots, keeping up with a motoring Hunter that left the harbour with me.


Sailed most of the way to Toronto (18 miles)

Toronto Skyline
Past the Leslie Spit, the winds dropped below 7 knots, so I motor sailed with main and spin trying to keep my boat speed over 6 knots.

In the meantime, I swabbed the deck for a couple of hours.

Winds diminshed to four knots past Pickering and down came the spin.

Arrived at Whitby at 4pm.

Trip Odometer: 42.22 miles
Avg Speed: 6.2 knots
Max Speed: 8.8 knots
Moving Time: 06:46:00

Click for BIGGER





No comments:

Post a Comment