1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Friday, May 14, 2021

CS34 Impeller Change

When de-winterizing the CS34 this year, I had trouble getting water to go into engine to displace the antifeeze put in last fall.

Had the boat for 9 seasons, and never had a problem.
Time to look at the impeller.

Removed the raw water pump and took it home to look at:



The fins were jammed in the outlet


Luckily I was able to recover all broken off fins.

Also took the time to flush and replace the cooling system antifreeze.

I have not touched this system in the 9 years I have had the boat.

For $30 for impeller, probably should check it yearly.

I also replaced the thermostat while I had the system apart.


UPDATE

This definately solved the white smoke in the exhaust issue

http://svstilltime.blogspot.com/2021/09/mumm36-zamboni-wed-race-night.html



No comments:

Post a Comment