1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

C22 POR-15 Return

The company advertises "We Know What Permanent Means" on the can and website! 

So permanent, you can't even open the can.

I got an email back from the company that I shipped the defective can of POR-15 back to saying they credited my VISA for the full amount.

Here is my reply:


Thanks

The second can I bought from a local Chandlery had the same issue.
I took it back, and the owner determined that the only way to open the can was to destroy it.
Not pleased with the product; this has really set me back in my keel refurb project.

You guys really have to do something about it.
Word of mouth is the best and worst advertising out there.
Actually too late.

Bart

This post is now the 3rd result if you Google "POR-15 defective"

Someone has even posted a YouTube video of the problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOLfjsgx9_s


2 comments:

  1. Bart,

    Hi. I own Catalina 22 Sail# 10572, and also have an auto-helm 800 ready to fit. Where did you mount yours? High or Low? Do you have photos?

    regards

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mounted it on the combing with a stainless plate and backer block

      Delete