1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Saturday, April 28, 2012

CS34 Mimico Launch

Got to Mimico a little after 10am.  Had to park accross the road and carry tools in.

First thing I did was compound the sides with my new Dewalt buffer and Aqua Buff 2000 I got from Ray.  Worked like a charm for removing the scratches that were under the "Endurance" vinyl lettering.

We then tried the new lettering using tape on the bow and stern of the boat:

Didn't look right on the bow

Looks about right!
I also compounded the rear transom, but before I was done, the crane was getting closer and closer, and the safety officer asked me to stop and put away my tools, which I did.  I quickly taped the transom lettering on to see what it would look like





Also cut some of the vinyl boot strip and repaired a couple of rips on the port side:

Hard to see, but what a difference!
Went to do the starboard side, but the safety officer stopped me.  Kinda ticked me off, as I only needed another 15 mintues, and the boat was not lifted for another hour.


Mobile crane

Almost there

Splash

The speed instrument did not work, depth was fine.  Will troubleshoot later.

Dave and I put some water in the tanks, and flushed the rest of the water system (head, sink, and shower).  Each tank takes about 10 mintues to fill from empty

Folded up the cradle and said goodbye.

Hooked up the water heater and fill it with water.  After about 10 minutes, we had hot water.

Rita and I spent several hours cleaning the boat.  I worked on the topsides, while she worked on the insides.




No comments:

Post a Comment