1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Saturday, April 12, 2014

C22 Gudeons and Rudder

21 days until launch, I am focusing on things that are required to get the boats in the water.
Beautiful weather on Saturday meant, time to get the new rudder hung.

 

 
Old gungeons removed:

Looking good!
Butyl Tape (top)
Gudgeon (bottom)
Doubled up the butyl tape
 
New Rudder Hung
Was a little eventful because the top gudgeon screws into a threaded bar that is between two fiberglass panels with a clearance of about 1/2".  I had to be very careful not to have the bar drop out from between the panels. With the gudgeon all gooped up with butyl tape, I put in the starboard screw and felt/heard the bar rotate!  I had to get some help from someone at the club to screw the 1/4" stainless screws while I positioned the bar with a screw driver from inside the port locker!


No comments:

Post a Comment