1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Sunday, August 7, 2011

2011.08.07 Cobourg

Slept like a log!
Woke up at 8am, got showered and dressed.

We had 14 people from the club at the Buttermilk Cafe in downtown Cobourg.
Always good there!

Noticed some algae scum on the waterline of Still Time, so I borrowed an extendable long handled scrub brush from Don.  When I was ALMOST done, the brush separated from the handle, and went into the water.  Two blubs, and it was sinking like a stone.  I jumped in the water after it with my clothes on, but was too late!  Luckily, I had taken my phone out of my pants pocket before starting!  Now I have to buy two long handled brushes!

Left Cobourg single handed at 2:30pm.  Motor sailed with main and jib for a while, but the wind had swung to the nose.  Only about 3 knots of wind.  Dropped the sails and motored along at a little over 5 knots.

Got pelted by rain off Port Hope.  Went down in the cabin, with autohelm doing the steering.  Poked my head up every 5 or 10 mintues.

Wind started picking up by Westleyville, but it was off the nose, and a lightning storm quickly came through.  Same drill, down in the cabin.  MAN IT WAS HOT, so I hooked up the AC fan to the inverter to get the air moving.

Off Newcastle, NO WIND WHATSOEVER!
Between Oshawa and Whitby, I brought the sails up to dry them with my apparent wind.  Got the sails away, and boat tidied up.

Arrived a little after 9pm.

Trip Odometer: 35.99 miles
Moving Avg: 5.8 knots
Moving Time: 06:15:30

Burned about 8 litres of gas.

Google Earth track: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12535935/Still%20Time/20110807.kmz

No comments:

Post a Comment