1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

2011.08.16 New Sail

I ordered a new to me sail from Joe Waters Sails in North Carolina.  Joe is a Catalina 22 racer, whos sails are used by the boats finished first to fifth in the Catalina 22 Nationals last year.  This was Joe's own sail and is two years old.

My sail was delivered to US Address in Niagara Falls NY.

Left work early to avoid the traffic.  When I got to the Queenston Lewiston bridge, the signs said 30-60 minute border wait times.  I was 4 km from US Address, and it took 45 mins to get through.

Didn't have to pay any duty or tax on it, but they did search my car.

After racing in Newcastle, I got to try it out on my boat before it got too dark.  It is a crisp carbon fiber scrim tri radial 150% genoa.  You can almost see through it.  The fit is PERFECT.


Click for a bigger version
The cut is different from my old one in that the clew comes up over the windows (see photo).  Definate deck sweeper.  There are a lot more hanks than my old #1.  The sail has a cunningham grommet.

Can't wait to try it out tomorrow night.

After we carefully packed the sail in its bag, I took Rita and her mother for a motor around Whitby Harbour and out into Lake Ontario.  Almost a full moon, beautiful!







No comments:

Post a Comment