1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

RBC Canadian Open

For the past 10 years, I have been volunteering as a course marshall at the Canadian Open.

Instead of commuting back and forth to Oakville from Bowmanville (several hours each way), I have taken the boat Oakville and used it as a boatel.

Last year we stayed at The Oakville Club, and really like the facilities.  My buddy Neil that I marshall with would bring his car and we would have a 5 minute commute to the golf course.

Well, with the CS34 sick and out of the water, I couldn't do that for Wed and Thu, so I drove in and stayed overnight at a friend's place is Mississauga.

Wed is the pro am, so we are allowed to take pictures:

Ernie Els

KJ Choi
Marshalling is a tough job standing all day in the hot sun, but it is kewl to be inside the ropes up close and personal with all my favourite golfers.

Drove back after my shift on Thursday night, as the boat was ready to go in the water on Friday at 10am.

No comments:

Post a Comment