Rita convinced me to get the boat ready for haulout instead of scrambling during the week.
We started by taking the sails off:
We got them folded and put in a dock cart.
Proceed in removing
- stack pack
- reefing lines
- topping lifts
- furling line
Took a couple of hours.
Went over to the mast crane, and got a pump out.
Took about an hour to get the mast down.
|Stickless heading back to the dock|
Spent some time cleaning up the mast; will move to the mast racks later in the week.
In the meantime, Rita was busy cleaning the exterior. We cleaned up the dinghy; man it was filthly with green slime from being the water. Got the outboard off. We tied the still inflated dingy on the foredeck.
Sails were loaded in the car. I am going to have sailmaker Durk replace the UV strip on the genoa, and fix the battens on the main.
All I really need to do before haulout is get the dodger/bimini canvas off.