1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Monday, August 25, 2014

CS34 MMC to EYC


After having big Still Time at Mimico Cruising Club (MCC) for the weekend, I decided to move her across the bay to Etobicoke Yacht Club (EYC).

I had emailed MMC last week about getting a slip for the week; no response.

I finally called and got the OK from the club manager.

Peter and I came in on Friday night at around 8pm, and got assigned a slip.

On Saturday Rita was harassed by the MCC dock master to move the boat to another slip, while I was out racing on ACE. MMC had left a voice message on my phone to move my boat, but I could not get a hold of anyone from the club to return the call.  The slip that the dock master told us to take was taken, so we stayed in our assigned slip.

Coming back from dropping Rita off last night, I could not get back in the gate, and parked my car at EYC.

The wireless keys they gave me did not work.

I emailed and called MMC today, and they have NOT got back to me.

Tonight at 4:30pm after work, there wasn't anyone in the clubhouse to talk to.

What a PITA.

Over to EYC, and the dock master assigned me a nice slip right in front of the clubhouse.




Closer to the clubhouse, parking, and showers.

Wifi that works.

Gatepass to get in and out.

Plus I can stay for free for the rest of the week.

I would like say that the algae is always greener on the other side of the bay.



No comments:

Post a Comment