1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

CS34 Demasting

On Tuesday I got over to the mast crane and did a final pump out, but there was a lineup of boats in front of me.  By the time it was my turn, I was running out of light, and the wind had picked up.  I didn't want to go up the bosun's chair to set the mast sling in the dark with puffy winds.

Boom and Boom Vang on the dock
After work on Wednesday, got the mast down with some help from various club members.



Since the motor was all warmed up, I also changed the oil and filter.

So this leaves to be done before Saturday's haulout:
  • remove outboard from rail
  • remove BBQ from rail
  • remove dodger and bimini
  • mark sling lines with tape
  • remove rest of the salon cushions
  • tidy up boom and store below
  • put mast on mast rack
Little Still Time is the last sailboat on dock 8 with its mast up.  I may get out for a final sail on Thursday night and take the mast down on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment