1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Saturday, October 5, 2013

CS34 Gets Stripped

Took the sail off big Still Time.

The forecast for tomorrow is major rain, and I had to have to sails off to take the mast down on Monday.  Not too many people around on a Saturday evening, so I did it myself.  Roughly folded them and stuffed them in the car.


This year, putting in and taking out a reef was difficult; lots of friction on the reefing lines.  I found the culprit; disintegrated block at the base of the mast



 
The stack pack and boom will come off tomorrow night.


Got the sails back to Rita's place, and she helped me fold them properly on the lawn.


All ready to take them to Sailcare for a cleaning and repair next week.





No comments:

Post a Comment