1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Saturday, November 30, 2013

CS34 Broken Hatch

I still don't have the cover on the CS34.  Everytime I have gone to get it done, it has been too cold, rainy, or windy.

On Thursday I went to check on the boat because it had snapped cold to -11 degrees.  There was 2-3 inches of snow on the boat.  The snow on the hatch had turned to ice and I could only open the hatch about a 1/4 way before being blocked with ice.

Got down into the boat and the bilge was solid ice.  I poured some antifreeze, and got a heater going.

Leaving the boat, I could not get the hatch closed (it was jammed with ice).  I forced it with my hands and the plexiglass broke!

Looks TERRIBLE!
Pieces can probably be glued back on

The flash cold had frozen a lot of the harbour.



Hopefully get the cover on this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment