1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Sunday, November 1, 2015

CS34 Frame and Cover

Rita and I are heading the BC next week, so I wanted to get the winter frame and cover on the before we left.  Could not get it done yesterday because of ACE.

Got to the club around 10am, and started getting the frame pieces together.
Took a while because a couple of the connector pieces were broken, and I had to replace them.  The ends of the ribs needed their rubbers replaced so that would not dig into the gelcoat.

Took several hours to get it together.  My neighbour Dave helped me put the back part of the frame up (took about 10 minutes), then I spent another hour getting the rest up.

The canvas cover comes in three sections, so I was able to single handedly  put it on.

Looks pretty good:


Note how the boom and whisker pole are stored on the crale

Mental note: ridge pole too far forward.

Dropped the anchor to the ground because the cover doesn't fit with it

Note the repairs
This year I cut up a pool noodle and duck taped it to the stantions to prevent them poking through the cover in the wind.


The cover is GREAT
Removed the stern perch seats, and removed all the liquid cleaning products to take home (don't want them to freeze).

Drained the hot water heater, installed the winterizing bypass.  Empied the water tanks, and winterized the water system.

Still need to winterize the head and bow deck wash pump.


No comments:

Post a Comment