1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Monday, October 5, 2020

CS34 Lewar Folding Wheel

Opened my email this moring to find that Fogh Marine was having an in store clearance sale:

Over $400 off ! 

Called the store and asked them to hold it for me.
Good thing I called first thing, as they had several people calling in about it.
Rita and I drive to Port Credit to pick it up.
Traffic wasn't too bad.


The existing wheel is 42", so this one is 2" smaller, which isn't a problem.  If I am missing the 1" of leverage from the smaller wheel, I probably have too much sail area up and/or weather helm anyways.

A folding wheel has been on my list of improvements to the boat.

Will make the cockpit easier to navigate at the dock or at anchor.
Just look at the picture in the next post of how the wheel obscures cockpit traffic.


Hide cover OOoooooooooohhhh

Probably won't install it until next spring.








No comments:

Post a Comment