1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

CS34 Engine Sound Insulation

While I had the cooling and fuel systems apart, I decided to address the 30 year old engine bay sound insulation.

I purchased some replacement foil backed rubber sound insulation from Holland Marine Products.

I took the companionway stairs and the engine cover home to work on it.

Here is the engine cover:


As you can see the old insulation was disintegrating.
Came off easily with a scraper.


Much easier to do at home instead of the cramped space inside the boat!

Then onto the companionway steps:



The foil backed rubber mat was easy to cut with a straight edge and a utility knife:


Attached the material using spray upholstery glue:


Also replaced the foam inside the engine bay.

The cost was $120.

I think this will make a difference with sound and heat from the motor.


No comments:

Post a Comment