1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Sunday, July 18, 2021

CS34 12V in V-Birth

In preparation for going to Niagara-On-The-Lake next week, I want to add some 12V fans and power outlets in the V-Birth.  I had purchased these items before Covid, and never got around to installing them.

I was originally going to run a marine grade 14ga wire to the panel.
However, when I took apart the little hanging locker there, I discovered that there already was a 12ga wire feeding the two lights on starboard and the two on port, so I decided to tap into them.

Had to remove the hanging rod, and several trim pieces inside the hanging locker:

Note the back has the hull # from the factory



Here you can the wiring feeding the light in the V-Birth, the salon, and then feeds across to the port side of the boat:



The red/white wire on the right is being fed up to the 12V outlet that is mounted to the bulkhead:


Nice clean install.

The 12V outlet was $22 from Amazon.


So I can charge my phone/tablet here, plus the cigarette lighter will charge my CPAP machine.


Much better than piling stuff on the chart table for charging!

On the port side, I just tied the 12V Caframo (Made in Canada) fan into the light circuit there.



Will hide the wires one I get the fan mounted.

The Caframo 3 speed fan only draws 1/4 amp on high mode.

Also have a small USB fan for my side of the bed on the starboard side.

Let me tell you, these fans made a HUGE difference over the next couple of days!


No comments:

Post a Comment