1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

CS34 Anchor Ouch Repair

Launch is only two weeks away.

The weather has been shit all spring.  Colder and wetter than normal.
Anytime I have made it down to work on the boat there has been a cold wind chilling my bones.

It was time to repair the damage a partially deployed anchor did:

https://svstilltime.blogspot.com/2021/08/cs34-can-you-sail-with-anchor.html

Here is the damage:


I went to Port Whitby Marine supplies and they only had Grey cans of Interprotect 2000e.
Really wanted white, but they can't get it in.  

A quart of 2000e is like $50, but I only need a couple of ounces for this repair.

I sanded out the damage extending well beyond the area.


In this photo you can see the grey Interprotect, and then the white Interprotect layer below it.
Just sanded to the gelcoat in the middle.

I happened to walk by Al and Linda who were mixing up a gallon on white Interprotect to apply their final coat on their hull.   I asked if I could "bum" a couple of ounces if they had any left over.

Linda came over later with a paint tray with enough to do 3 coats on my repair.

Thanks Al and Linda!

Taped off the waterline in preparation for VC-17 bottom paint, but it started raining hard.

Hopefully get it done tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment