1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Thursday, May 24, 2012

C22 WYC Single Handed

First single handed race of the season.  It was blowing over 12 knots, as I could see whitecaps on the water when I came to the club.  Put the old main up with a reef in it and motored out to the start mark, rigging the jiffy reefing lines, and hoisted my light #1.

There were four other boats:
  • Gruntled (C&C 29)
  • White Out (Viking 28)
  • Cheekey Monkey (Shark 24)
  • Black Magic (CS 30)
Wonder what happened to Berserk and Kye Express?

Course was 7 short.

Wind was a lot less wind out on the race course.  As I got to the start line, the 5 minute warning goes off, and I am hove to shaking my reef out.  Reefing line gets jammed in the jam cleat; I guess that is why they call it that.  Had to cut the line.  The jiffy reefings line are all tangled and I lose a sail slug to Davey Jones locker.  What a calamity! Good thing I was near the start line.  Got the main jiffy reefing lines sorted out with 30 seconds left, turned the boat to the starting line and off I went.

Sailed good race, pointed a lot higher than the Shark on the upwind legs.

Fourth accross the line, don't think I caught any other boats on corrected time.

Trip Odometer: 9.49 miles
Moving Avg: 4.7 knots
Moving Time: 02:03:41

Google Earth track: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12535935/Still%20Time/2012/20120524.kmz

No comments:

Post a Comment