1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

C22 Final Fairing

Late afternoon headed to the boat and met Rich who helped me do the final fairing of the keel using Interlux Water Proof Epoxy fairing.

Rich has done LOTS of drywall in his time and was EXCELLENT at smoothing the product over the Interprotect.  AMAZING how smooth it is!  It only took him about 15 minutes, and he didn't get ANYTHING on him! He gave me a couple of pointers so I will be able to do it next time. It takes 10 hours to dry before sanding, so the final coat of Interprotect will go on tomorrow night.


Smoother than a baby's bottom!
I then proceeded to the put two coats of Interprotect on the entire hull and rudder, but not the keel.






Also put another coat of gelcoat on the bow.

Also compounded the hull sides, and she came up shiny:




So final coat of Interprotect tonight, VC17 on Friday night, as I am putting sails on the CS34 on Thursday.

When I got home last night, I changed the engine crankcase and lower unit oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment