1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Monday, June 10, 2013

CS34 Electric Head Water Usage

I had a small leak on the new Jabco Lite Flush electric toilet.  Not big, but maybe a 1/4 cup of water every time you used it.  I could not see where the leak was, so I had to take bowl off to see the inner workings.

Turns out it was leaking at the main raw water intake hose into the insides of the unit.  The old hoses are hard and compressed and were not sealing well, so I cut 3/4" off and re-connected.  Leak solved.  Still going to replace the small stainless pipe clamps with larger ones and double up on them.

I was worried about how much water the unit uses.  I read in the manual that is uses 1.2 litres per flush.   Didn't really register until I was troubleshooting and discharging the inlet pump into a bucket:



That's very little water to use; plus the chunks of chocolate thunder/toilet paper get ground up on the way to the holding tank!

1 comment: