1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

C22 Mast Tuning

Went to put the sails up on big Still Time, but the bugs were TERRIBLE.  Did not want to have a bunch of squished bugs on my newly cleaned sails.

Went over to tighten/tune the rig on the little boat.

Sighting up the mast, looks like I tightened one side too much:

Looking from the stern

You can see the bugs on the mast!

No problem really, I just loosened off the port shroud, and used a halyard from side to side to see if I had the mast straight.  I then tightened both sides equally.  Finally I tensioned the forward and aft lowers before locking all the turnbuckles down.

Sorry no after photos.

The mast steaming and deck light are not working; will have to troubleshoot that another day.

Also put the boom vang and cunningham on.

We are ready to race on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment