1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Monday, June 15, 2020

CS34 Masting


Last week I had got the mast off the racks and onto the saw horses.
I had put the spreaders and shrouds on and cleaned up the lines.
The mast was basically ready to be put up.

On Tuesday night, a major wind storm came through the club and blew down like 6 masts off their saw horses.


It crush the combination steaming/deck light:



The entire unit would need to be replaced.

Also bent the TV antenna bracket on the top of the mast:


I was able to bent it back with various screw drivers, hammers, and pli
ers.
This antenna was added after the first season we got the boat, but I have never hooked it up inside the boat to watch TV.  Will need it with the NHL playoffs happening in August because of Covid-19!

Good thing I didn't attach the expen$ive masthead wind instrument!

The mast crane was shutdown over the weekend for the 3 day launch, and I couldn't work on the mast because of launch Covid-19 yard restrictions.

On the Monday after launcgh, I to the club in the early afternoon.

I pickup up an LED deck/steaming light from Port Whitby Marine Supplies for $39.


The mounting screw holes didn't line up, so I riveted it to the mast.

Another casualty of the fall was one cheek block for the lazy jacks:

new on bottom
old at top
The cheek block was crushed and would not spin.
Luckily I had a spare onboard and was able to rivet it in place.

Brought the boat over to the mast crane and up she went:






No comments:

Post a Comment