1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Monday, September 21, 2020

CS34 Day Sail with Hans

Rita's sister and her husband Hans drove their 5th wheel camper from Victoria BC to visit family in Ontario for a couple of weeks.

They are using my driveway as a home base.

Since I was away in Toronto when they came, this is the view I got on my phone from my doorbell camera:


The ladies wanted to go shopping, so Hans and I headed to the boat.

Winds were SE from 5-8 knots.
We motored sailed with full main and jib past Thickson's Point shoal.

When we turned the motor off, we sailed along at around 3-4 knots.

Sailed to near Oshawa, then gybed around hoisting the spinnaker



Sailed along at 6+ knots to Ajax where we doused and came back under jib.


Trip Odometer: 16.3 knots
Avg Speed: 3.5 knots
Max Speed: 7.4 knots
Moving Time: 04:36

What a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment