1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Monday, October 17, 2022

CS34 De-Masting and Cradle

OK, so I had Covid for the past two weeks, and have not been able to get down to the boat!

My first negative test was 10 days after I had symptoms.

So, I have not been down to the boat at all.
We hoping to get out for a couple of sails.

Haulout is this coming Friday, so it was time to get the mast down!

Rita got down to the boat before me and remove the enclosure and dodger sides.



Looks different!

Brought the boat over to the pump out dock near the mast crane.

Walter and Stan helped me get the sails off the boat and folded up.

Got all the rigging off and loosened.


Cut the zip ties off the turnbuckles.

Removed the lazy jacks, stack pack, boom, and boom vang.

Did a final pump out, and moved the boat over to the mast crane.

With the low water levels, the windex hung up on the top of the mast crane.
Normally, the masthead is well above the top of the crane.
Ended up bending the aluminum bar holding the windex up.


The aluminum backet is bent and can probably be straightened.
The windex is undamaged.

This is why I take the mast down with the stern facing the crane: I would rather have a $50 windex get damaged than a $600 wind instrument!


Moving the boat back to dock 7, passed the two Catalina 400s in the club who's draft if too much for their slips:


Still Time looking less complete at her slip on dock 7:


Walter and I used his dingy to move the 22 over the basin.



Will take the mast down hopefully tomorrow.

Walter and I setup the cradle for the 34:




Got the pads greased.

Will have to re-attach some foam on 3 of the pads.


No comments:

Post a Comment