1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Monday, October 24, 2011

Haul Out

I stayed on the boat with the ceramic heater keeping me warm. 

Woke up at 6am, and had a nice breakfast upstairs at the club.

I was working the west crane sling crew (same as last year).

I was to be the 9th boat out of the water, so I had to quickly reposition and leveled my cradle before the first lifts started.  Last year, I had put Still Time on the cradle backwards, and the pads did not line up correctly, making her unstable if you were doing work on her.  Before we started lifting, I moved Still Time from her slip on pier 8 over to a free slip over by the west haulout dock.

Click on photos for a larger one:

Fred gunning the motor to run it dry
Noani with pink hard hat

Clear of the water

Flying through the air...

On her cradle

The quick keel joint repair I did last spring seemed to hold.  Still want to drop and rebed it.  I am puzzled where the water is coming in when she is sailed hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment