1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Navionics GPS Tracks Problem Solved on Android 11

For the past two years, I have been using the paid Navionics App on my Android Phone to generate GPS tracks and statistics.  Works on all my devices.

Before this I was using a stand alone hand held battery powered Garmin GPSMAP 76, and downloading the track via a USB/serial cable to an PC application called MapSource which is no longer supported by Garmin, so I was glad to be using an app on my phone.  This app would run in the background logging the GPS track and would upload to the cloud where I would export it to a GPX file, then import it into Google Earth to generate the images for the GPS track.

For the past month, this process has been broken.

Discovered that an Android Update changed the battery optimization for the Navionics Boating app so that it would shut down Navionics when run in the background.  Would record fine if the Navionics app was in the foreground.

Today I changed the battery optimization setting for the app:


Changed from "optimized" to "not optimized" and went out to cut the lawn:

Click for BIGGER

Glad to have it working as it should again!
Don't know why I didn't think of this issue sooner.


Trip Start: 01:01pm
Trip End: 01:17pm
Trip Duration: 16:46
Trip Length: 0.7 miles

Average Speed: 2.5 knots
Max Speed: 9 knots

STARBOARD

No comments:

Post a Comment