1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

C22 Whitby Race Night

This was the last race of series #3.  Little Still Time is in 5th of 9 boats, as I missed 2 of the 5 races.

Winds were about 10 knots from the SSW, course was setup as 4 short, and was shorted to just a triangle as the winds were diminishing.  Full racing main and light #1.

I was out singlehanded as John had playoff hockey.

Had a great start on a starboard tack just leeward of all the others piled up at the favoured side at the committee boat.  Most of the other boats were port tack going away from the mark.  I looked at the boats from the first start, and the ones on starboard tack were doing better.  There was more wind where I was going.

Had to throw in a couple of tacks, but was first boat in my start to the windward mark (including the spinnaker boats).

2nd leg was broad reach wing on wing with genoa poled to windward.

3rd leg was broad/beam reach on port tack.

Last leg winds were dying slightly, and I could see land effect breeze in shore, so I headed away from the finish line.  When the wind inshore started lightening, I tacked, and got a lift to the finish line. 

First race of the sesaon I got the gun for line honours in division.

This win pushed little Still Time up to 3rd place for the series.  Another flag.

http://wyc.ca/index.php/s3

Trip Odometer: 10.75 miles
Moving Avg: 4.2 knots
Moving Time: 02:32:02

Google Earth Track: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12535935/Still%20Time/2012/20120822.kmz



No comments:

Post a Comment