1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Thursday, August 12, 2021

CS34 2021 Cruise East Day 11 Kingston

It was blowing 25+ knots from the west, GLAD we were on a dock and not beating westward.
We could see 3-4ft waves outside the breakwall.
The breeze did cool the boat down overnight.

Rita went with the dog for a walk downtown, while I headed for the showers.

When I came back, there was an RCMP huge inflatable that pulled into a slip two boats down from us.
An officer gets out of the boat and heads to Still Time and says to me "Excuse me, is this your boat?"

YIKES

"Yes, why are you asking?"

I was shaking in my boots.
I had left my boater's card, ownership, and insurance in the truck back at Whitby.

"Because I have the same boat and like how your bimini is done, and would like to take some photos to show my wife."

WHEW

Rita and I talked with Graham for a while.  His CS34 is called Tropica, and he keeps it at Collins Bay.  His boat has a deep draft keel of almost 7ft.

We saw this boat several years ago:

https://svstilltime.blogspot.com/2012/08/cs34-kerr-bay-to-picton.html

HALARIOUS

Here is Walter talking with the RCMP officer:


In the meantime I was drooling over this Tartan 4100 across from us.




What a beauty!  The stainless ports are lovely.  Immaculately kept, all the teak and gear had Sunbrella covers over it to protect the finish.  Even the dingy had Sunbrella cover/chaps for UV protection. 

We made dinner reservations at our favourite Kingston restaurant Chez Piggy!
Our reservation was for 5pm, as they were booked solid until after 8:30pm.

Rita and I ventured downtown with Shadow, and had a nice brunch sandwich from Pan Chancho.  Just love walking along Princess Street in Kingston.  We did see a lot of homeless street people (much more than previous years).  Pretty shady; kinda tarnished the experience.

The farmer's market was on in the downtown Springer Market Square.
The booth for Wolfe Island Bakery has the best butter tarts!

They even had a Covid-19 popup vaccination clinic:

AWESOME

In the afternoon, the girls went shoe/clothes shopping, so Walter and I visited the SAS Army Surplus Store.   Always kewl to see the stuff they have in there.

We got thirsty and stopped at the Toucan Pub to re-hydrate.
The girls met us there later for a glass of wine.

ANTICIPATION

Chez Piggy was great as always!

We went for an ice cream at White Mountain Ice Cream Shoppe.

https://whitemountainicecream.com/





LOVE KINGSTON

Average Speed: 0.0 knots


No comments:

Post a Comment