1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

CS34 Boatel for RBC Canadian Open

Today I pack up Still Time and will sail her single handedly to The Oakville Club to use her as a boatel when I am volunteering as a marshal at the RBC Canadian Open.

This is the 10th time in 12 years that I have volunteered for this.  One year it was in BC, and last year I took it off because of responsibilities for hosting the LYRA regatta.

My buddy Neil will join me on Wednesday for the Pro Am.
Looking forward to it.

The Oakville Club will be hosting us again for the week.
They have the most awesome bathroom/shower facilities on the lake.
Great spot, only about 5km from Glen Abbey.

I spent yesterday getting the boat ready:
  • filled the diesel tank
  • changed the oil
  • filled the water tanks
  • filled a propane tank
  • checked the coolant levels
  • checked the battery levels
  • provisioned the boat with food and water
  • provisioned the boat with beer and booze
  • cleaned and blew up the dingy
  • mounted the outboard motor
I just have to bring my clothes on board, do a pump out before heading out.



No comments:

Post a Comment