1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

MacIntosh Newport Bermuda Race Prep

Fresh from the RBC Canadian Open, I had to pack to leave for Newport.

I borrowed a Henry Lloyd sailing bag from Jenny (much larger than mine!). 

Trying to fit all my sailing gear along with clothes for over two weeks on the boat just was not working.

So, I got a older garmet bag for carrying a suit, and put:

  • foul weather jacket
  • foul weather bib
  • waterproof light pant
  • waterproof light jacket
  • fleece top
  • light vest
It all folded nicely for a plane carry on.

This freed up a lot a space for:
  • clothes
  • toilet articles
  • CPAP machine
  • boots
  • life jacket
  • tether
  • small sleeping bag

In the afternoon, I got a call from Durk Steigenga, and he had just arrived in Newport with MacIntosh.
He wanted me to pickup the crew shirts from his nephew in Peterborough.  I was able to pick them up and put them in a grocery bag for another carry on item.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment