1990 Canadian Sailcraft CS34 Shoal Draft
Sail #8268

1982 Catalina 22 Fin Keel
Sail #10506

1994 MUMM 36 ACE
Sail # 29206

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Time Out Oak Orchard Creek

Rita and I have decided to name our dinghy "Time Out".

I took Time Out off the deck and inflated/assembled her.  Didn't take too long.  Taking the 2HP Honda off the stern rail bracket was easy.


Oak Orchard Yacht Club is beautiful:

 
 

We went for a walk with John and Donna and dogs into downtown Oak Orchard:


Not much to see!


However, on the road to downtown is a nice farmer's market called the Berry Patch.

Rita, Bogart, and I headed up river along with two other dingys


Al and Linda
Tom and Marge


John and Donna
Paul and Nancy

The three boats probably went 5 miles up river.  We were having trouble keeping up with the other two who had 15HP outboards.  We rafted together and went further up the creek.  We went until we ran out of water depth (we saw a fly fisherman standing in the water).

I regret that I didn't take my handheld GPS with me for the track!

Afterwards we had a nice pot luck dinner complete with rum punch in hollowed out pineapples!


No comments:

Post a Comment